My hero

I realized a few things.. Please read until the end if you're interested, but I realized that I am an atheist but there Is one thing I am quite fond of believing in and it makes more sense to me to believe in it - .Greek mythology.
I won't get into that, but I've been thinking, you know how everyone has an idol? Or their own hero they look up to? I think I found mine. Achilles.  
Achilles is a mythical hero from all I know from this point of view and this century but I believe he was real. He was a half-god or demigod, because his mother Thetis was a nymph but his father wasn't. Peleus, he was a king ONLY I think…
I love the way Achilles is. He never accepted someone rolling over him, telling him what to do, how and when to do it. Also known as Agamemnon.
He was his own ruler, he believed in himself, his choices and decisions, his moves,  his sword and his shield. He was an atheist as well as me. If anyone's going to punish him for killing a priest, it will be some lucky guy if he succeeds in fair battle or himself. No god or myth he has never seen.
When anybody started to lecture him for his no respect for the gods, he'd ask them fair questions not even priests could answer.
"What's he waiting for?", "Where is he?".
He wasn't a bad guy, he was able to love and respect a woman as he did with Briseis, but it was that kind of time.
I admit it was cruel but I can't say Achilles had any part in it.
I like it.
He wanted what all men wanted, fame, glory, their names to be remembered years after, he just wanted it more. But how did he get to it?
He didn't hide behind a fleet of a thousand soldiers and take all the glory. He went alone, proved himself as a hero all by himself.  
I can't say he's my hero in every aspect for the life of today, it was a much brutal time back then, no mercy whatsoever in any case, you were considered weak if you had such a thing, but in the fact of believing in yourself; He's my hero. (:  
Soldiers, they fight for kings they never even met. They do what they're told, they die when they're told to die.
Don't waste your life following some fools orders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready to tie

Love isn't blind, it's retarded